Friday, October 19, 2007

The other pope movie

Karol, A Man Who Became Pope, directed by Giacomo Battiato, produced by Pietro Valsecchi, with Piotr Adamczyk, Malgorzata Bela, 2005 Taodue Film.

My youngest sister in Brazil, a Doctor in History from Navarre, a Major Seminary Professor and a cinematic arts enthusiast, recommends this Polish film as the best movie about our beloved John Paul II.

She says:

Sobretudo mostra mais realisticamente que outras produções a história e a mentalidade polonesas. Belíssima sensibilidade.

(Which means: Above all it portrays, more realistically than other productions, the Polish history and mentality. A film of amazing sensitivity.)

5 comments:

love2learnmom said...

Has she seen the other one we reviewed here?

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Yes, We talked about it. She says thsi one tells of a much more coherent story. I have not watched it-- I am adding it right now to my Netflix queue. We'll compare notes later!

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

My 15 year old boy just looked at this and said: "I watched this in Brazil with Nina! It's a great movie. I liked it".

love2learnmom said...

Nice! I'll have to check it out.

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

It is a beautiful movie and very well done!